Saturday, March 21, 2009

Basketball

I haven't played basketball in a very long time. So when I was asked to referee a youth game this morning, I just laughed. And then, because I had a lapse in good judgment, I agreed.

It was actually pretty fun. I mean, the jokes being thrown at me were pretty good and, well, true. One person said that it was too bad I couldn't make it to the game. Another teased me every time I blew the whistle. Probably because I didn't blow it much. The girls took care of most of the refing for me.

In my defense, I was the only ref for the game. It's really hard to see what's happening on the other side of the court, and I apparently didn't inherit from my mother the ability to see out of the back of my head. Or maybe that's just because I'm not a mother yet.

Truthfully, I was just pretty impressed with myself that I could run that much. Up and down the court. Over and over. For three 6-minute "quarters." Whew! Eighteen minutes. I think I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment