Monday, June 8, 2009

Snail Hunting

Okay, so Emma can tease me all she wants after my two-month hiatus from blogging. I could give a million excuses, but nobody wants to hear them, so on to blogging!

I had to post some pictures of good times with Joseph's kids. We went Snail Hunting (which is oh so much more fun than Snipe Hunting...).

This is Alex, looking for snails in the wall under the bushes. She reminds me a little of myself when I was young - out looking for worms and snails and bugs right alongside my brothers.




And then, because snails are the bane of my parents' entire yard, we took it to the next level...

Salt






And here is the aftermath... Hungry, anyone?

So, there you go. I'll probably hear it from the Society for Snail Safety, but at least I've upped my status to coolest aunt ever. Incidentally, Grandma let them use her salt shaker, so she's pretty darn cool, too...

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is gross but yes you are now "cool aunt". They probably won't forget that one for a while if at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snail Buddies International (SBI) have repeatedly warned their organized Buddies to restrict their intake of sodium. Hey, what can you do? The Captain has spoken.

    ReplyDelete