Monday, August 3, 2009

Random

Woohoo! Day Two, Post Two! I'll be waiting for your comment, Meghan!

I worked from home today because I was sick, which means I have a lot of random thoughts going through my head (why one leads to the other, I couldn't tell you... but I'm feeling random, so it works).

First of all, I'm pretty sure I got more done today than I do when I'm actually at work. Apparently watching What Not to Wear and a couple of movies is actually a great way to increase productivity. Or maybe it's because I had a window today. Or because I was lying on the couch. Of course, I'll probably get to work tomorrow and realize I didn't get done as much as I think I did...

You know what cracks me up? When people tell you that you shouldn't have the same password for everything. Not that it doesn't make sense. Really, it does. If someone cracks your password, and you have the same password for everything, then suddenly your entire life is laid out before them. But it's not realistic. Everything, and I mean everything requires a password these days. I have a list of my passwords, and it's over 60 items long. And there are probably ones I've set up that I didn't put on my list. (Okay, so I probably no longer need the password to pay the bill for the gym I used to go to - you know, the one that no longer exists in Utah - but I mean, you never know when you're gonna need it again.)

We need to clean out our fridge. There's some stuff in there that would grace the tables of a science fair. How does that happen? And why did we buy it in the first place? We both knew we weren't going to eat that salad stuff. Wishful thinking? Or were we trying to impress each other? Hmm...

Why is it that when someone yawns, we automatically assume they're bored? I mean, last time I checked, a yawn indicates either a lack of sleep or a lack of oxygen (depending on who you ask, I guess...). It has nothing to do with lack of excitement. So if I ever yawn when listening to you, get over it. I never go to bed before midnight; it's inevitable that I'm going to yawn several times a day.

And why is it that when you hear the word "yawn" it makes you want to yawn? I can't even read the word "yawn" without the desire to, well, yawn. Hence, I am now yawning. And chances are, you are too...

3 comments:

  1. I read it without yawning, but I am seriously contemplating cleaning out my fridge. Thanks for the inspiration! Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your kind of working from home. Mine doesn't end up being as relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you thinking you are going to be hacked by a government agency and you're just buying time with all those passwords?

    ReplyDelete