Sunday, February 22, 2009

Boredom

I never get bored any more. Which is kind of nice, I have to say. Some of the reasons are that I'm pretty busy. With work, family, church and friends, there's always someone/something clamoring for my time. You know how they say if you need something done, ask a busy person to do it? That's because you know that they're the ones that can't say "no". I have issues with saying that word. Which is often a problem.

But I digress. Though my busyness keeps me from sitting around at home with nothing to do, I'm saying I don't get bored even in those really boring meetings that we all feel obligated to have. I don't get bored in the car or when I'm standing in a ridiculously long line at the store. I don't get bored when I'm waiting for someone or for something to start. It's really quite nice. I find boredom quite boring.

Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be a writer. I always had a story going in my head (and sometimes I even actually wrote it down). It wasnt until college, though, that I realized that I always had entertainment when I needed it. I got through many a boring class by writing stories in my head. It takes me about 3 seconds to lose myself in a swordfight or a car chase or, well, a kiss.

This can be a problem sometimes. Such as when a teacher called on me. Or when it's my turn in line, and I don't realize it because I'm in my own little world. It's caused a few embarrassing moments (except that I don't really get embarrassed - see my blog on that). But I don't mind that.

Keeps things interesting....as in, not boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment