Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day

Anyone who knows me knows that I've never been a fan of Valentine's Day. Seems to be a holiday focused on couples getting angry because someone forgot it and singles feeling miserable because they don't have anyone to fight with. (I don't know why I think this...my dad's always remembered to get my mom flowers.)

Most people figure that I don't like it because I'm single. Maybe they're right. I don't know. But I think it's because of the candy. It's a time for cheap chocolate and hard sugar. Blech.

The only redeeming factor of the day is that, once it's over, Easter candy comes out. Cadbury. Yum.

Of course, in the past few years, my big brother has made the day more enjoyable for me. He has been sending me flowers every year on Valentine's Day. What an awesome brother. I've included a picture of this year's bouquet - a gorgeous selection of lilies. They smell awesome.


Thanks, Brian. Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment