Saturday, January 17, 2009

Breathing

Whoever said that breathing is highly overrated is strongly mistaken. Wait...has anyone ever said that?

So, I've recovered from my bronchitis, just in time to get another cold. I've been sick going on two months now. Some of my friends think maybe I should talk to a doctor. HA! I say. Doctor, schmoctor! I say. Who needs a doctor?!

Okay, apparently I do.

But it's not as if I haven't talked to anyone about it. I went to a doctor about my bronchitis. He gave me cough medicine and said it would take 3 weeks to get over it and charged me $100 for the visit.

Now I have a cold again. I think. Maybe it's just the end of bronchitis, mixed with the fact that you can practically chew the air, it's so thick with pollution. Maybe it's allergies. I'm allergic to winter.

But it's probably a cold. And everyone knows that there is nothing the doctor can do about a cold.

It's no big deal, really. Better than the bronchitis. Except that I can't breathe. Strangely enough, my body thinks that breathing is important. And since my body is somewhat important to, you know, continuing to live, I guess it's time to call the doctor.

Or maybe I'll just move to Hawaii.

1 comment:

  1. May I suggest North Shore, Oahu? It is really pretty there, and the rain is even warm. OR, you could go see a doctor and take your vitamin C and suffer through the inversions with the rest of the valley.

    ReplyDelete