Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Car

As I'm sure many of you did, I made a few resolutions this New Years. One of them was to go to the gym more. I made it there yesterday, and I was prepared to go today. N0 excuses.

But on my way out of the parking lot at work, I broke my car. What an excellent excuse.

The best part is how I broke it. I slid into a curb going maybe 5 miles per hour. Now, I may be way off the mark here, but I was thinking that with all the safety features they put in cars these days, they would have prepared for a 5-mile per hour impact on the tire. I mean really, didn't anyone think of that?

Maybe it's because I run into curbs all the time, and the car's just had it with me. As much as I like to brag about being a good driver, I do tend to cut corners a little too tightly. But I've never broken anything before. Except a few curbside paint jobs.

Admittedly, I don't know yet what's wrong with it. Except that I can no longer turn right. Hardly important, right? I'll just take lefts from now on. Not a big deal.

Except I'm pretty sure I can't get to the gym without a right turn.

Ah well...maybe next year...

5 comments:

  1. Hey Autumn! This is Lori B, Em's friend.

    I am so sorry to hear about your car! But, ya know, right turns really are overrated!

    As far as gyms go - turn in your gym membership and get a Wii Fit. It is a great motivating tool, is a good workout and, best of all, it can be done at home very easily! Plus it is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You "broke" your car? I've never heard an accident described quite that way before . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you joined the blogging world if for no other reason, I'm horrible at keeping in touch, but I'm a good reader and can keep up with you this way. And I love reading your writing.

    So I am also a corner-cutter (hey, I thought Cougars didn't cut corners?!), and yesterday I took a corner much too tightly, hit my back right tire on the curb, and the hubcap flew off. It was only about a half mile from my home, and I didn't know the hubcap flew off until I got home, but did I turn around and go back for the stupid hubcap? No. Too lazy, and why bother? I'll just hit another corner another time and it will be gone then. Saved myself some time and pain, really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha! Welcome to the blog world. You always have a place to stay in FL when it gets too cold and hazy in SL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could never get a job at UPS - they recently re-did their routes to avoid as many left turns as possible - maybe their drivers hit too many curbs at 5 mph!!

    ReplyDelete