Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Year

Okay, so it's 2009 now, and I figured it's probably time to get over my blogging aversion and join the 21st century. I know, I know, I'm gonna hear it from several of you, but I'm willing to take the jokes and jabs, cause I'm a big person...which, incidentally, is why one of my new years resolutions is to get back to the gym...

As many of you know, I'm working on finding an agent for my first novel, which is extremely exciting! I finished the novel early last year and began sending it to agents in August. Each time I get a rejection, I tweak my query and sometimes my manuscript, and send it off again. Can't wait for the notice that someone actually wants to read the whole thing!

I'm excited for 2009. I have a good feeling about this year. Despite the fact that I started it by getting bronchitis (just an excuse to sit on the couch all day and get a ton of writing done on my laptop), I think it'll be a fun year. Can't wait for the big family reunion coming up in August!